Voice backing business ... support local businesses by checking out our interactive map.
Just click on the map to find out what local firms are offering.
Firms wishing to sign up should click here
Coronavirus Filton Live Updates
Filton FACE-backed community volunteer system - what you need to know here
Filtonvoice April issue here
- South Gloucestershire Council latest here
- Public urged to report incidents online here
- Police response here
- Advice for carers in South Glos here
- Jaunty Paws Ltd are offering free dog walks for people over the age of 70 and living in or near Filton. Click here
- Food Price Increase by any shops to exploit the current situation is illegal as there is no shortage of foods. You can report the stores by calling the Competitions and Markets Authority on 02037386000
- Following Government Guidelines the Leisure Centre and Ratepayers Arms will be CLOSED until further notice.
- South Glos council leader Toby Savage describes help from council. Watch here
- All South Gloucestershire Council libraries are now closed - including Open Access - due to COVID-19. Loan periods have been extended until 1 July and no fines will be charged during this period. Library members can continue to download free eBooks, eAudiobooks???? and latest issues of 100+ bestselling magazines 24/7???? bit.ly/d1gitalLibraryServices
- Bristol Concorde Brewers Fayre pub closing from Saturday. Brewersfayre.co.uk
- Petition set up urging South Glos to defer council tax payments until June. Here
- A support group has been set up on Facebook to bring together support for vulnerable people. Residents and relatives/neighbours can find out more here
- Bristol Pet Shop in Filton offering ‘contact free’ delivery to all local residents (within three miles for a fee of £3). www.facebook.com/bristolpetstop
If you haven't received your home delivered copy by now, call 07775550607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our website.
Welcome to the website for Filtonvoice, your best source of news and views if you live in - or are interested in - the Filton area on the north Bristol fringe.
Our monthly news magazine has been in circulation for five years now and we are proud to be serving both our residents and the many businesses in the area.
The website is designed to give readers an even better news service, with opportunities to comment on the issues which matter to you.
We also have new features - a business directory which gives every advertiser their own web page on this site. This will be a real advantage for small businesses which do not have their own site and an enhanced features for firms which already have an online presence.
We are also fully integrated to Facebook www.facebook.com/filtonvoice.
Please get in touch on 0777 555 0607 if you have any story ideas, if you wish to contribute to the magazine or if you are a business looking for targeted marketing to more than 10,000 people every month.
And remember, there are also our sister publications in 17 locations across Bristol and further afield with more in the pipeline.
See more at www.localvoicenetwork.co.uk
Rich Coulter, editor and publisher
"The war in Europe may have ended 75 years ago this weekend with the German surrender on Luneburg Heath in northern Germany, but we must never forget that it came right to the very heart of our South Gloucestershire and Bristol community.".. Read More
Bishops have now agreed in principle to a phased approach to lifting restrictions... Read More
In the days leading up to the current temporary closure of libraries, many older people expressed deep concern at the loss of books to read whilst in isolation at home. .. Read More
But the Sort It centres in Mangotsfield and Yate will be able to reopen in the coming weeks if the government deems travel to a tip “essential”, according to the local authority. The other two centres at Thornbury and Little Stoke will remain closed for the time being, as safe social distancing is not possible at either site... Read More